Long, warm days, cookouts, trips to the lake, or just staying inside in the air-conditioning with a good book are all sure signs of summer -- but this is not the season for primary care providers to rest idly by, not that any provider truly does get a chance to do that! Back to School season is coming quickly, and with it comes a whole new year of physicals, vaccinations, and screenings. Revele is here to help make sure you're ready for the coming school year, with the following information to help ensure you're properly prepared now for the busy back-to-school season to come in just a few short weeks!
Keep reading for a few items to check just to make sure you’re fully prepped to keep accurate and reliable records in regards to your back-to-school immunizations:
- Are your lot numbers accurate in eClinicalWorks?
- Has your eClinicalWorks inventory been verified against actual stock on hand?
- Are your vaccine information handouts up to date?
- Have you reviewed/updated your immunizations in eClinicalWorks?
- Be sure to check for any changes to the associated CPT or ICD codes' billing requirements for your vaccinations as well.
- Also remember to update your VIS information if it has changed!
- You may also want to check and update your immunization templates, if your practice uses them!
- Make sure to check for all standard childhood and annual immunizations:
- Varicella, DTaP, Flu, Hib, HepA, HepB, HPV, MMR, MCV4, PCV13, IPV, RV, MenB, Tdap, etc.
Additionally, have you familiarized yourself and your staff with the COVID-19 return-to-school and return-to-work guidance offered by the CDC? Educational materials are made available by the CDC for your patients & their families regarding returning to normal after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finally, the American Association of Pediatrics has released additional guidance for children returning to sports after the COVID-19 pandemic. Part of that guidance includes recommending that children and adolescents with prior COVID infections receive cardiac screening and consultation as a part of their sports physicals, due to COVID’s potential for lasting cardiac damage even in asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic cases.
Of course, this isn’t an exhaustive list of preparations to make, but hopefully will plant the seed of preparedness and help you get ready for your specific practice’s needs, come peak back-to-school season, in order to have a successful and hopefully stress-free experience.
Conquer the New Age of RCM
Learn how Revele's EMR and RCM solutions are helping
physician groups and health systems reduce costs and increase revenue.