Ever wonder what an actual end user of an EHR software thinks of it? A recent survey by Reaction Data asked 889 physicians just that. Nearly 57 percent of respondents belong to ambulatory care facilities while the remaining 43 percent belong to acute care facilities. According to the survey data, Epic is by far the most widely used EHR but when it comes to EHR reviews and which EHR physicians are most satisfied with, eClinicalWorks takes the lead with 82% overall satisfaction.
We've all heard the horror stories about why physicians dislike their EHR but Reaction Data set out to discover something else. The company wanted to learn what physicians do like about their EHR.
Respondents were asked to rank their EHR satisfaction on a scale of 0 to 10, where 10 means highly satisfied. Advocates responded with a 7-10 while fence sitters responded with a 5 or 6.
The results? eClinicalWorks EHR outperforms Allscripts, athenahealth, NextGen, and Epic in physician satisfaction.
We've listed the vendors included in the survey as well as the overall satisfaction score and the percentage of respondents that are advocates and fence sitters for both acute care and ambulatory facilities.
Here's the run down on the EHR reviews in the Reaction Data survey.
Overall Satisfaction: 82%
Overall Satisfaction: 75%.
Overall Satisfaction: 74%
Overall Satisfaction: 67%
Overall Satisfaction: 58%
Overall Satisfaction: 55%
Overall Satisfaction: 44%
Overall Satisfaction: 28%
Overall Satisfaction: 58%
Overall Satisfaction: 38%
Respondents By Specialty
The top participants by specialty include:
Ambulatory Clinic Respondents
Of the physicians surveyed that belong to an ambulatory facility, 22% are using Epic, 9% Allscripts, 8% eClinicalWorks, 6% Cerner, 5% athenahealth, 5% NextGen, 5% Practice Fusion, 4% Greenway, 3% GE Healthcare, and 30% other (3% none).
Acute Care Respondents
Of the physicians surveyed that belong to an acute care facility, 61% are using Epic, 15% Cerner, 9% Other, 6% Allscripts, 6% MediTech, and 3% Athenahealth.
Download The Full Report
Reaction Data also identified what they deem the "sweet spot" for each EHR vendor in their survey results. The "Sweet Spot" shows the demographics for the vendors happiest customers and we've included it in our list of vendors below. You can access the "sweet spot" for each vendor by downloading the full survey here.
Schedule an eClinicalWorks Demo
Set up a time for a customized demo with our eClinicalWorks experts to see how we can help you switch to eClinicalWorks with zero productivity or revenue disruptions.